Investment Banking | ESOP
Located in PCE’s Atlanta office, Mark Klopfenstein is engaged in PCE’s traditional investment banking practice and ESOP Advisory Group. Mark has more than 30 years’ experience advising business owners with tax issues and corporate transactions. As an entrepreneur, investment banker, and certified public accountant, Mark understands the needs of business owners seeking liquidity or growth.
Mark specializes in tax-efficient transactions, including but not limited to various applications involving ESOPs in combination with other financial structures. These structures can be highly flexible and powerful in helping clients realize their financial goals.
Previously, Mark founded an Atlanta-based financial group and participated in more than 60 corporate transactions with an aggregate value of more than $3 billion. His entities have also served as principal equity investor in leveraged acquisitions with an aggregate value of over $200 million. From 1985 to 1995, Mark specialized in structuring corporate transactions with Arthur Andersen. He served as Andersen’s Atlanta office representative on its firm-wide Corporate Transactions Team.
Certifications & Affiliations
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), State of Georgia
- FINRA Series 79 and 63 Securities Licenses
- Certified in Prometheus Process Strategic Planning
- Member – National Center for Employee Ownership (NCEO)
- B.S. The University of Alabama in Huntsville
- M.B.A. Emory University Goizueta School of Business (Robert W. Woodruff Fellow)