Orlando Area Office
Robert (Bob) Buchanan, ShareholderValuations | ESOP
As one of PCE’s founding partners, Bob Buchanan established the firm’s valuation practice and continues to help it flourish. He is considered a highly qualified expert in his field, having valued more than 2000 private and public companies for the purposes of merger & acquisition (M&A) transactions, business planning, estate & gift planning, financial accounting, ESOPs and litigation support.
Bob is trusted for his ability to provide his clients with impartial valuations that are fully defensible against inquiries and examinations from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), auditors and stakeholders alike. By applying a multi-dimensional perspective, he skillfully assesses how well a valuation matches up with each client’s plan and objectives. Bob also uses the knowledge gained with his Juris Doctor degree to provide legal support and expertise.
Recognized as a resourceful, well respected and technically proficient financial services leader, Bob frequently presents at industry seminars and professional conferences and events throughout Florida and the U.S. and has been published in various industry journals.
Certifications & Licenses
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA), American Society of Appraisers
- Certified Financial Planner™
- FINRA Series 79 Securities License
- Member of The American Society of Appraisers
- Speaker on valuations issues throughout the state of Florida
- Board of Directors for the Florida Episcopal Credit Union, Treasurer
- Board of Directors of Families with Children from Asia, Central Florida
- University of Central Florida, Bachelor of Science – Finance
- Washington and Lee University School of Law, Juris Doctorate